Friday, the Fried DayGod, this has been a long week. I am so glad it's over! I'm utterly exhausted.
And to make it worse, I spent all day at the office today doing data entry. Is there anything in the world more tedious than data-entry? Fortunately, I was entering data into the very slow-moving online database of our national affiliate, so in between entries I could surf the internet, play Rummy, and answer the phone.
In our weekly travels we have come again to the Friday Five, and this week we have (quelle suprise!), a Valentine's Theme:
1. What's the most romantic thing you've ever done for someone else? Not surprisingly, I'm not a very romantic person...well, I'm not very sentimental, anyway. I've also never really been in a position to do romantic things. So outside of flowers and gifts, holding hands in public, and once having one of those awful amusement-park caricatures made (a ludicrous double-portrait with ghastly little floating hearts, it's been tucked behind my closet door since the 'romance' went phut), I've done nothing especially romantic for anyone.
2. What are your erogenous zones? There are parts of my neck that are extremely sensetive, more than anywhere else...but I'm pretty standard, I guess...genitals, nipples, toes, etc.
3. How old were you the first time you had sex? Care to expound? I was nineteen. I had no idea, outside of fiction, what was involved in the whole sexual intercourse thing, and hadn't a clue what to do. Unfortunately, neither did Joey (he was seventeen)...and what made it worse, he acted as if he did know what he was doing. When you have two people expecting the other guy to make the first move, you don't get anywhere very fast. I don't remember enjoying it very much, being too overwhelmed by the novelty to really pay attention to the details or savor the sensations...but then, it was fifteen years ago, so I'm surprised I remember it at all.
4. What's the most unusual place you've ever had sex? I don't think I've ever done it anywhere that nobody else had done it, and often...hotels, apartments (kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, baths, terraces), public restrooms, cars, all the usual places. I tried to have sex in a mausoleum once, but the other guy was creeped out. I think the faculty courtyard of my neighborhood elementary school was the oddest place I've ever done it...but I'm sure we were not the first, or the last, to use that particular garden for that particular pastime.
5. Do you have plans for Valentine's Day or is it just another Thursday? I hate Valentine's Day. It pisses me off. All the "Be part of a couple"-ness of it all. No room for us celibate, single-on-purpose, antisentimental types. But for some reason I am socially very much in demand this year. I am going to a Find-A-Valentine dinner party on Sunday, and I've been invited to an Anti-Valentine Pity-Party on Thursday...but I'm not sure if I can go, because Grandmother is thinking about having the niece and nephew over for dinner that night (my niece and nephew, not hers...the kids are her great-grandchildren). And as usual, the day after Valentine's is one of my favorite days of the year: all that candy, 50% off! I'll have to make sure I have plenty of spare cash next Friday.
Well, what else? I can't think of a thing. So, I guess I ought to put up a picture for you...hmmm...oh, here's one you'll like!