So, Well, Anyway...Blank in the head today. Nothing profound or even interesting to say. Please amuse yourself with this survey, borrowed from Smitha who got if from KT, who seems to have invented all seventy-five questions herself.
1. What facial feature do you find the most attractive on others?
Eyes and skin.
2. Would you vote for a woman candidate for president?
So long as she wasn't a moron, a Republican, a Texan, or Patty Duke.
3. Would you marry for money?
Oh, yes...if it was a lot of money and I didn't have to put out.
4. Have you had braces?
No...I was supposed to get braces when I was a teenager, since I have an overbite and a crooked front tooth; but Daddy lost the job that had the orthodontic insurance before the metal went in; I've considered getting them since then, but decided that the braces would be more obvious and marring of my looks than the overbite and the crooked tooth, which nobody notices unless I mention them.
5. Do you pluck your eyebrows?
No, I shave them. Plucking makes my eyes water, and then I can't see what I'm doing.
6. Do you ever cut or hurt yourself?
Not on purpose. Pain Bad.
7. When was the last time you had a hickey?
Ages and ages and ages ago...I can't even remember.
8. Could you live without a computer?
Yes, but why would I want to? I could live without jewelry, too, and fashion magazines and new clothes and a microwave...but I'm not gonna.
9. Do you use ICQ, AOL Buddy list etc..?
10. If so, how many people are on your list(s)?
11. If you could live in any past time period, which would it be?
Oh, golly...it would be nice to live in all of them...but I think the Renaissance, but only if I could be very rich and Italian. Or else the 1920s, but only if I could be very rich and American.
12. Do you drink enough water?
No. I keep intending to drink more water, but then I don't. No reason.
13. Do you wear shoes in the house or take them off?
I usually take them off wherever I sit down first.
14. What is your favorite fruit?
Grapes, pears, strawberries.
15. Do you eat wheat bread or white?
White...I prefer Home Pride Buttertop White for toast and sourdough for sandwiches.
16. What is your favorite place to visit?
Hawaii or British Columbia.
17. What is the last movie you saw?
The Cat's Meow.
18. Do you kiss on the first date?
No...or at least, I wouldn't if I went on a date.
19. Are you photogenic?
Definitely not...unless I'm just a lot uglier than I thought.
20. Do you dream in color or black and white?
Color. Do people really dream in black and white? That seems so unlikely.
21. Are you wearing fingernail polish?
I'm wearing a fresh coat of Crystal Nail Builder...a clear fortifying vitamin lacquer.
22. Do you have any dimples?
More and more all the time. But none of them are cute.
23. Do you remember being born?
No. I don't even remember yesterday very clearly.
24. Why do you take surveys?
Because I learn more about myself when trying to explain me to others. "To understand all is to forgive all (Madame de Staël)."
25. Do you drink alcohol?
26. Did you like or do you like high school?
I loathed it...and it loathed me. Except for Senior year...that was kind of fun, but mostly because I'd changed to a different school.
27. What is the most beautiful language?
I love to listen to people with deep voices speaking Russian. I'm exceptionally fond of Italian, as well.
28. When you are asleep do you like being kissed awake?
It's never happened, but I'm sure I wouldn't mind.
29. Do you like sunrises or sunsets the most?
I haven't seen a sunrise in ages, and I don't really plan to see another one. Sunsets are lovely, though, especially here on the West Coast.
30. Do you want to live to be 100?
No, I don't think so. But I probably will, anyway.
31. Do you think women should be expected to shave their body hair?
Not expected to, no...but they should. So should most men. Body hair is icky.
32. Do you like salty food or sugary food the most?
Sugar! I don't really like salty food that much.
33. Is a flat stomach important to you?
Unfortunately, yes...most unfortunately because I've never had one. It used to curve in, now it curves out, but it's never really been flat.
34. Do you or have you played with a ouija board?
I tried it once and thought it was stupid.
35. Are you loyal?
I think so, but it's never been tested.
36. Are you tolerant of other people's beliefs?
I try, but it's really hard...especially when people believe stupid things.
37. When you watch movies at home, do you like the lights on or off?
I like them off, if I'm alone and the movie is interesting enough that I don't feel like reading at the same time.
38. Do you believe in magic?
I guess so, insofar as I'm able to believe in anything I've never seen myself.
39. Do you have nightmares frequently?
Not frequently...usually only when I'm sick: my mind uses nightmares to wake me up when I need to get to the potty quickly.
40. Do you like your nose?
I think it's cute, but I rather wish it was centered better.
41. Do you like abstract art?
Not especially...nor do I dislike it. I just like other things better.
42. Do you think you can draw well?
I used to, but I'm terribly out of practice and don't really care enough to practice.
43. Do you listen to music daily?
All day, every day.
44. Do you like to watch cartoons?
Yes...especially Spongebob Squarepants, Invader Zim, The Simpsons, and The House of Morecock.
45. At what age did you find out that Santa Claus wasn't real?
I never really believed Santa Claus was real. But I admitted it out loud (and forfeited the charade) when I was eight.
46. How many pairs of shoes do have in your closet?
In my closet? I don't have any shoes in my closet. But I own 24 pairs of shoes (14 men's, 10 women's).
47. Do you like to wear the same shoes everyday or do you like a variety?
I often wear the same shoes for several days, but variety is the spice of life.
48. Do you write poetry?
49. Do you snore?
No, not to my knowledge.
50. Do you sleep more on your back, front, or sides?
Sides and front.
51. Would you rather have a poodle or a rottweiler?
Poodle! A fluffy shaved French teacup poodle!
52. Do you lick stamps?
Not if I can help it. I mostly use the postage meter at work and self-adhesive stamps.
53. Do you use an electric can opener?
Yes. It looks like a penguin and is awfully cute!
54. Have you ridden in a hot air balloon?
No. Nor would I.
55. Which hurts the most, physical or emotional pain?
Pain is pain. It's all equal. Like I said before, Pain Bad.
56. Do you think balding men should shave their heads?
Not necessarily, just so long as they are willing to accept that they don't have hair on certain parts of their heads. There's nothing sadder than a combover or a bad toupee.
57. Do you know anyone who is clinically depressed?
Yes. But they're all medicated quite nicely.
58. Do you prefer a piano or a violin?
I love a piano!
59. Are you a sex addict?
No. At least I don't think so. Maybe if I had sex, I would be?
60. Do you know someone who has cancer?
Not just now. I used to know a few people who have died of cancer.
61. Do you hunt?
Only for bargains.
62. Do you like fast food joints, or expensive restaurants?
Expensive restaurants are preferred, but I also like fast food on occasion.
63. Would you rather visit a zoo or an art museum?
Museum...zoos are fun, but they're so smelly.
64. Do you have a middle name?
Yes. I wrote it down in the last survey, and don't feel like writing it again.
65. Are you basically a happy person?
I think so; most of the time, anyway.
66. Are you tired?
Just now? I'm a little tired, but not really.
67. Did you drink anything with caffeine in it today?
Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be here typing. I can't even think until I've had to cups of coffee, and I've had two more since I've been in the office.
68. Have you ever met anyone off the internet?
Yes, though not an awful lot. When I was trying to date, I met three guys from the personal ads...and I've met a few other bloggers, but in social situations.
69. How many phones do you have in your house?
Two extensions of the same line...the kitchen phone and the cordless.
70. How long is your hair?
About three inches all around, cut in a shag.
71. Do you get along with your parents?
So long as I don't have to spend too much time with my mother, I get along with her fine; I should really make more of an effort to spend time with my daddy.
72. What color of eyes do you prefer?
I have a great fondness for grey eyes, but I'm not at all exclusive.
73. Are you an active person?
No. Not even a little bit.
74. What medications do you take?
None regularly...I take pseudephedrine for my sinuses, ibuprophen for pain or tension, melatonin when I want a good night's sleep, and vitamin B complex for a pick-me-up.
75. What does your bedroom look like?
Like a heaving sea of clothes and books with furniture underneath it. It's a total awful mess. But even at best, it's a very cluttered place. I'll post a picture of it someday.
Here's a picture of a really well-decorated room: